Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Anything but normal

Even my birth: Weeks late, and nearly killing my mother in delivery - not me, the doctors - I made quite the entrance. Funny, twenty six years later, I'm still known for those.

From small town Georgia, I soon found myself in Cairo, Egypt: Land of the Pharaohs. An untimely
event saw a hasty return, much to my family's dismay. Three weeks after my 13th birthday, we made our way abroad once more. The destination proved quite an adjustment; at least initially.

Two life-defining years later, my return to the land I called home warranted even greater adjustment. Having experienced so much LIFE, no matter how forced, with representatives from innumerable walks of life elicits comparisons to this day.


A love for plants, of all things, traveled with me from the arid land I left behind. The climate was ideal for a staggering number of plants, and their growth unearthed a connection yet to be fully realized. Countless memories, and ten years later, I am a full-fledged plant-a-holic. Or, as a series of “
retail appearances” revealed, a plant pimp.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very nice! Glad you are dipping your toe in the blogpool. I love your writing already. You've got my support all the way.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home